Symphony Space celebrates the legacy of one of the greatest musical figures with an eight-hour marathon event of music, dance, film, and conversation that explores the many facet's of Leonard Bernstein's creative life. Some highlights include:
- Bernstein and Broadway, a starry celebration of Bernstein's classic songs from his musical theatre output performed by leading lights of the Broadway stage curated and produced by Joel Fram and Annette Jolles.
- A semi-staged production of Bernstein's 1-act opera Trouble in Tahiti, with Broadway stars Alexandra Silber and Shuler Hensley, directed by the composer's daughter Jamie Bernstein.
- A survey of Bernstein's chamber music including Prelude, Fugue, and Riffs, Halil, Three Meditations from Mass, Clarinet Sonata, West Side Story Dances, Anniversaries, and more.
- Selections from Bernstein's vocal and choral music including The Lark and more.
- Bernstein and Dance with Keigwin + Company dancers performing Episodes (featuring orchestral music from On the Town) and Waterfront (set to excerpts to Bernstein's orchestral soundtrack for Elia Kazan's On the Waterfront).
- Conversations with members of the Bernstein family and cultural figures, in addition to historical television clips which featuring Bernstein.